Environmental Management : ISO 14001 Environmental Management Internal Auditing
The purpose of this training is to equip delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to perform internal audits on environmental management systems and to contribute to the continual improvement of the management system.
The purpose of this training is to equip delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to perform internal audits on environmental management systems and to contribute to the continual improvement of the management system. The Internal Environmental Auditing Course allows delegates to conduct First Party (Internal) and Second Party (Supplier) Audits. This course is intended for delegates from organizations that are required to conduct Internal Audits and use the practical Principles of auditing. WWISE Supplies, toolkits, checklists, templates and practical case studies to equip each delegate with effective skills.
Who Should Attend?
- Those responsible for carrying out environmental system audits
- Experienced environmental auditors who want to audit an environmental management system and who need to show professional competence in this subject
- Environmental auditors needing a knowledge of the EMS auditing process
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal EMS audits
- Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Understand environmental-management system definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the intent and requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Understand the EMS implementation stages, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand integration of the EMS with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual EMS improvement
- Learn principles of EMS auditing, make sense of an audit
- Understand Executive Order (EO) and the role of the EMS in achieving EO goals
- Understand reporting requirements for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Scorecard
- ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Normative Reference
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation
- Purpose and structure of ISO 14001
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- Key concepts and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 from an implementation perspective
- Implementing key concepts and requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Use a gap analysis to conduct a baseline review of your current system
- Auditor skills and conduct
- Typical audit forms: non-conformance sheet, audit
- ISO 19011 Standard on Auditing
- Audit planning & the role of a check list
- Initiate and prepare an ISO 14001 audit
- Identify key benefits to your organization from implementing an effective EMS
- Apply good practice to the implementation using proven tools and techniques
- Implement a system that considers socio-economic needs and environmental conditions
- Improve the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Understand the environmental management principles and terminologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system in line with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Integrate the environmental management system into your organization’s existing management system.
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 14001:2015 audit activities
- Apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 14001:2015 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its EMS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence. If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
There are currently no reviews available.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE