Energy Management : ISO 50001 Energy Management System Implementation
This training course is designed to help you understand and implement an energy management system based on ISO 50001 with confidence.
An energy management system can help you cut your energy costs and reduce your environmental impact. Our training courses are designed to help you understand and implement an energy management system based on ISO 50001 with confidence. With training you could achieve greater savings, while avoiding common mistakes. ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
Who Should Attend?
- Those interested in improving energy performance and energy efficiency
- Those who want to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Those with a responsibility for energy management
- Energy managers (management representatives, plant managers, facility managers)
- Energy coordinators (process owners, engineers
- Consider why an effective Energy Management System is important
- Understand the background to ISO 50001
- Thorough examination of the requirements of ISO 50001
- Explore how to implement an EnMS to meet the requirements of ISO 50001
- Purpose of the EnMS
- Fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 from an implementation perspective
- Resources needed to implement ISO 50001
- Develop energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods
- Develop a plan to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Define and develop baseline energy performance indicators
- Establish internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
- Principles, processes and techniques used for assessment and management of risks
- Learning how to effectively implement each clause and sub clause of the ISO 50 001 standard using the generic Energy Management System we provide as a set of templates
- Improve energy efficiency and performance, and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other related environmental impacts.
- Confidence to build a system that meets legal requirements and achieves energy performance targets
- Improve efficiency and gain industry and customer recognition
- Learning how to reduce energy consumption by creating energy initiatives aligned to performance indicators and objectives
- Understanding how to use the generic ISO 50 001 Energy Management System Templates provided
All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence. If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. Lower than 60% will result in a Certificate of Attendance. Between 59 – 40% a re-write can be conducted at an additional cost of R 375 or $25 per delegate. Lower than 40% the delegate has to re-do the course.
There are currently no reviews available.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE