Energy Management : ISO 50001 Energy Management System Internal Auditing
This course is intended for individuals from organizations that are required to conduct internal audits and use the practical principles of auditing and enables individuals to understand, establish systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, energy efficiency, and help reduce energy consumption and costs.
This course is intended for individuals from organizations that are required to conduct internal audits and use the practical principles of auditing and enables individuals to understand, establish systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, energy efficiency, and help reduce energy consumption and costs. ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals interested in monitoring the effectiveness of their organization’s EnMS implementation and those who want to be ISO 50001 internal auditors.
- Consider why an effective Energy Management System is important
- Understand the background to ISO 50001
- Thorough examination of the requirements of ISO 50001
- Explore how to implement an EnMS to meet the requirements of ISO 50001
- Fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 from an implementation perspective
- Resources needed to implement ISO 50001
- Understand how to audit energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods
- Understand how to audit baseline energy performance indicators
- Establish internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
- Principles, processes and techniques used for assessment and management of risks
- Typical audit forms: non-conformance sheet, audit report and conducting corrective actions
- Conduct an audit based on good process identification, sampling and questioning
- Program & Audit schedule
- ISO 19011 Standard on Auditing Understand the ISO 50001 audit mode
- Plan and perform a ISO 50001 audit
- Using the ISO 50 001:2011 Toolkit for auditing
Improve energy efficiency and performance, and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other related environmental impacts.
Confidence to build a system that meets legal requirements and achieves energy performance targets
Improve efficiency and gain industry and customer recognition
All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence. If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
There are currently no reviews available.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE