Quality Management : ISO 9001:2015 Introduction to Quality Control, Techniques, Basic Statistics & Problem Solving Tools
This course will provide delegates an introduction to quality control and assurance by looking at introduction of Statistics, Inspection, Testing, Metrology, Technical aspects within an Industry.
Who Should Attend?
- The understanding of the basic concepts of quality control
- To understand the statistical underpinnings of quality control
- To learn various available statistical tools of quality control
- To learn the statistical and economical design issues associated with the monitoring tools
- To demonstrate the ability to design and implement these tools through laboratory experiments
- Defining Quality Control,
- Defining Quality Assurance
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality concepts
- Quality control tools
- Flow charting, check sheets
- Diagrams and charts
- Statistical techniques
- Specifications and Quality,
- Seriousness classification
- Corrective action
- Measurement fundamentals
- Instruments tools i.e. slip gauges, mechanical indicators, micrometers, reading verniers
- Measurement tools
- Measurement equipment
- Language of measurement, definitions
- Geometric dimensioning
- Inspection planning
- Inspection techniques/process
- Basic Inspection
- Basic Statistics Mean, Median, Mode, Range, Variance, Standard Deviation.
- Bar Graphs and Histograms
- Pareto Charts
- 5 Why Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone Diagram
- Understand the basics of quality control
- Understand how Quality Assurance differs from Quality Control
- Understand the basics of a quality system
- Analyze and solve quality problems
- Be able to prepare inspection plans and instructions
- Be able to select sampling plans and Prepare procedures
- Be able to apply fundamental statistical methods for process and service control
- The course will discuss the methods of statistical quality control within a broader framework of quality assurance and management.
- The course will define the various aspects of quality and address the issues of planning for quality as they relate to survey operations and processes.
- Statistical methods for quality control will be discussed.
- These include acceptance sampling, statistical process control and Schilling’s acceptance control strategy for the efficient administration of SPC.
- The use and application of various quality tools such as Pareto analysis, cause & effect diagrams, flow charting, etc., for generating quality improvements will also be addressed.
- The course will involve the practical application of concepts through the use of case studies and group workshops each day.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE