Environmental Management : ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Implementation
This course is designed to allow delegates the relevant skills and knowledge to assess and report on the conformance of an environmental management system and effectively implement an environmental management system.
Who Should Attend?
- Understand environmental-management system definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the intent and requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Understand the EMS implementation stages, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand integration of the EMS with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual EMS improvement
- Understand how to use the Templates provided to assist in the EMS Implementation. All templates have Instructions and examples to assist in the implementation of an EMS for any size, type of an organization.
- History of ISO
- Importance and benefits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14001:2015
- Structure of ISO 14001:2015 and framework for Environmental management system standards
- Risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and the management principles
- Identify environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Standard Requirements:
- Normative Reference
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation
- Purpose and structure of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- How to write effective Environmental Policies, Processes, Procedures, Risk Assessments, controlling documents and managing records.
- Importance of a Legal Register and Various Legal Requirements
- Implementing Governance Structures using the process approach of Plan Do Check Act.
- Key concepts and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 from an implementation perspective
- Implementing key concepts and requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Understanding how to use the Templates provided to implement an EMS
- Identify key benefits to your organization from implementing an effective EMS
- Apply good practice to the implementation using proven tools and techniques
- Implement a system that considers socio-economic needs and environmental conditions
- Improve the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Understand the environmental management principles and terminologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system in line with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 70% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 70% but get between 50 – 69% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 50% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
A learner who scores between 50 and 69% in the written examination, and has been successful in the continual/formative assessment, shall be allowed one re-examination within 12 months. Learners with less than 50% are not permitted to re-write.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE