Information Security : ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Implementation
This course will provide delegates an in-depth understanding of information security of ISO 27001:2013 standard and its controls.
Who Should Attend?
- Those wishing to Implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) in accordance with ISO 27001:2013
- Consultants who wish to provide advice on ISO 27001:2013 ISMS Auditing
- Security and quality professionals
- Anyone involved in the implementation, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS.
- Understand the information security management system definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the intent and requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the ISMS implementation stages, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand integration of the ISMS with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual ISMS improvement
- Learn principles of ISMS auditing, make sense of an audit
- Understand Executive Order (EO) and the role of the ISMS in achieving EO goals
- Understand reporting requirements for the Office of Management and Budget
- Understand how to use the generic templates provided for Implementing an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS
- ISO 27001:2013 Standard
- Purpose and structure of ISO 27001:2013
- How to develop an Information Security Policy, Asset Register, Statement of Applicability, Risk Assessment, Treatment Plan and manage objectives.
- Key concepts and requirements of ISO 27001:2013 from an implementation perspective
- Implementing key concepts and requirements of ISO 27001:2013
- Understanding how to use the generic templates provided for Implementing an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS.
- This course is designed to assist employees in an organization to minimize the time in attending a course and structured in a way that is efficiently understood.
- The courses controls will be explained in a practical sense, where if delegates to not understand IT terms, examples will be simplified.
- The ISO 27001:2013 standard will be read back to front including the Annexure A controls, with practical examples on auditing each clause and control along with implementing it.
- An organizations current ISMS or an example will be provided with templates to show how these will be used for implementation.
- The basics and awareness of ISO 27001 will also be discussed prior to the course.
- Books/Standards and templates for review will be provided for guidance.
- Practical case studies during the course will be conducted.
- An assessment will be completed at the end of the course.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 70% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 70% but get between 50 – 69% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 50% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
A learner who scores between 50 and 69% in the written examination, and has been successful in the continual/formative assessment, shall be allowed one re-examination within 12 months. Learners with less than 50% are not permitted to re-write.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE