Information Security : ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Implementation
This course will provide delegates an in-depth understanding of information security of ISO 27001:2013 standard and its controls.
This course will provide delegates an in-depth understanding of information security of ISO 27001:2013 standard and its controls. It will help you identify your assets and determine the risks to these assets and their potential impact. It will help you to implement ISMS to protect and enhance the future performance of your organization.
Who Should Attend?
- Those wishing to Implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) in accordance with ISO 27001:2013
- Consultants who wish to provide advice on ISO 27001:2013 ISMS Auditing
- Security and quality professionals
- Anyone involved in the implementation, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS.
- Understand the information security management system definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the intent and requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the ISMS implementation stages, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand integration of the ISMS with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual ISMS improvement
- Learn principles of ISMS auditing, make sense of an audit
- Understand Executive Order (EO) and the role of the ISMS in achieving EO goals
- Understand reporting requirements for the Office of Management and Budget
- Understand how to use the generic templates provided for Implementing an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS
- ISO 27001:2013 Standard
- Purpose and structure of ISO 27001:2013
- How to develop an Information Security Policy, Asset Register, Statement of Applicability, Risk Assessment, Treatment Plan and manage objectives.
- Key concepts and requirements of ISO 27001:2013 from an implementation perspective
- Implementing key concepts and requirements of ISO 27001:2013
- Understanding how to use the generic templates provided for Implementing an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS.
- This course is designed to assist employees in an organization to minimize the time in attending a course and structured in a way that is efficiently understood.
- The courses controls will be explained in a practical sense, where if delegates to not understand IT terms, examples will be simplified.
- The ISO 27001:2013 standard will be read back to front including the Annexure A controls, with practical examples on auditing each clause and control along with implementing it.
- An organizations current ISMS or an example will be provided with templates to show how these will be used for implementation.
- The basics and awareness of ISO 27001 will also be discussed prior to the course.
- Books/Standards and templates for review will be provided for guidance.
- Practical case studies during the course will be conducted.
- An assessment will be completed at the end of the course.
All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence. If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
There are currently no reviews available.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE