This course is designed for anyone in an organization be it a Health & Safety officer/manager, foreman, team leader, overseer, area coordinator or any-one that performs management duties in a business.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at all employees, supervisors, Health and Safety officers and SHEQ professionals who need detailed knowledge and skill on implementing the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations in their workplaces.
To equip employees and supervisors with knowledge and skill to understand, research and implement the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
This course provides a strong Health and Safety leadership foundation for new and existing supervisors, Health and Safety Officers, SHEQ managers and employees.
- A basic interpretation of Statutes
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (excluding regulations)
- The Lead Regulations
- The Asbestos Regulations
- The Regulations for Hazardous Chemical Substances
- The Environmental Regulations for Workplaces
- The Major Hazard Installation Regulation
- The Regulations for Hazardous Biological Agents
- The General Administrative Regulations
- The General Safety Regulations
- The Diving Regulations
- The General Machinery Regulations
- Delegates will understand the OHS Act and each section within the Act
- How the Act was created to be aligned to the International Labor Standards (ILO)
- The Importance of following the act and its relevance to Safety in the Work Place
- Following Legal Requirements and understanding one’s role in Safety
All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence. If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
There are currently no reviews available.